Postural Therapy is a whole body approach to relieve chronic pain. When our body experiences pain it is communicating to us that there is a problem with our body's joint alignment and muscle-length tension relationship. Pain is a signal which alerts the body that something is going on. We fear pain and many times use drugs and modalities to mask it. If we listen to our body and find out why the pain is coming on then we can put an end to the pain for good. Pain in one particular part of the body (for example the knee) is often the result of that area compensating for a problem somewhere else. Postural therapy analyzes your posture relative to it's proper blue print.
Posture therapy utilizes simple exercises, easy to perform movements, and static positions to restore posture and relieve muscle and joint pain. When your posture gets crooked, the joints start to wear unevenly causing degeneration, pinched nerves, inflammation and pain. Just like the uneven wear and damage caused by poor tire alignment, likewise crooked posture cause wear and degeneration of the joints. Unless you get your joints level and squared up to one another from head to toe, you’ll remain in pain. Posture Therapy can solve pain when other modalities have failed, because your corrective exercise routines will address your unique postural and functional issues. This positive stimulus will bring your body back into a position of balance where it can then heal itself. Your full-body posture is assessed, from the direction your feet and knees point to the tilt of your head, to find out exactly where the joints have gotten crooked. .
Your Postural Assessment includes
* Discussing your symptoms, current struggles, short term and long term goals with Courtney.
* Taking postural photos and analyze what compensations and dysfunctions are causing your pain.
* Functional testing - You will be taken through some tests to see how the body moves and how it compensates.
* A run through your menu which is a sequence of exercises designed to restore function to your body and eliminate pain.
* You will leave with a menu emailed to you and you will have access to the PTX app to view videos, instructions and photos of each exercise
If you do not live in the NH area, no problem, Functional Fitness offers sessions via Zoom and Face Time